Herring Fishing Contest
The official competitions will start on Saturday morning. There will be three contests for adults, each lasting one hour, as well as a children's (4-11 years) contest and a juniour (12-16 years) contest, each lasting half an hour.
The competition takes place on both sides of the floodgate. A winner is chosen for each competition as well as an overall winner of the three adult contests.
How does the competition take place?
On Saturday morning in the festival tent the participants draw a place number for each of the competitions they have signed up for. The three competitions each have their own colour. The place number is registered and, shortly before the first competition starts, lots are drawn to determine the order of the competitions.
After each contest the officials will count, weigh and register the winners' herring catch on the participants cards. If two or more of the winners have the same fish weights then the number of herring determine the rank. If these are also the same then the ranking will be determined by a draw.
Throughout the competition the officials will ensure that there is no cheating.
- The competition ONLY takes place on the east side of the floodgate.
- 1 fishing pole per participant.
- You may not use treble hooks or jigs.
- You may have a maximum of 6 fish hooks per pole.
- Badges must be worn visibly at all times.
- Participant numbers 1-50 must stand on the north side of the floodgat.
- Participant numbers 51-100 must stand on the south side of the floodgate.
- In case of empty spots you may only move up beside the next participant. You may never pass another participant.
- The allotted places must be respected. You may not exchange numbers!
- Weighing takes place directly at your fishing post. You may not leave your fishing post before weighing has been done.
- Adults may not cast on behalf of children.
- Prior to the competition you may not fish on the east side of the floodgate. After the competition there is once again free fishing.
Breaking the rules will DISQUALIFY you!
Complaints must be directed to the officials in the red jackets.
Registration fees for fishing competitions:
Adults: DKK 125,- per contest, sign up for all three contests for DKK 350,- Please note that if you sign up after 28 April the price for all three is DKK 375,-
Children 4-11 years: DKK 50,- incl. one free soft drink + 1 herring terminal tackle w/sinker
Juniors 12-16 years: DKK 75,- incl. one free soft drink + 1 herring terminal tackle w/sinker
Sign up here!
If you are between the ages of 18 and 65 years, you must have a valid fishing licence in order to compete in the fishing competition. You can buy a fishing licence when you register.